Saturday 24 December 2011

Saturday Playlist

Hope everyone's having a lovely Christmas Eve! I'm curled up on the couch by the fire relaxing as one should be at this time of the year. Nonetheless I am here to bring you this Saturday's playlist without fail!

"Born to Die"- Lana Del Ray
Okay so maybe I'm a bit late jumping onto the old Lana Del Ray bandwagon and although I do prefer her debut song "Videogames"(I know she had an album before so I'm using debut in this context to mean "first song to be widely known"). I chose to put this song into my Saturday Playlist however due to the fact she's wearing a jacket pretty much the same as my Ferris Beuller one I posted about here
Girl's got style.

"White Winter Hymnal"- Fleet Foxes
Listened to this in the car driving home yesterday with my brother. I know the song but never knew it was Fleet Foxes. I generally don't know song names so really I shouldn't be writing about music......alas.... The wonders of the internet ay?! Giving people with no clue about a topic a sense of entitlement to write about it as though the were an expert.

"Karen"- The National
Over a year ago Dan put "Aligator" and "Boxer", two of The National's albums on my iPod and I was immediately hooked. I chose Karen for this Saturday Playlist as it puts me in mind of the character Karen from Californication. That said, if you've never watched Californication, go do it.

"Cemetery Gates"- The Smiths
This is my favourite Smiths song. It has a different kind of upbeat feel to it I feel compared to the usual somberness,  or "like sandpaper to the ears" as one of my friends once noted, associated with The Smiths. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time!

"Lounger"- Dogs Die in Hot Cars
Great band name. Great song. Great dance.
(I know this isn't the actual music video but I thought these guys deserved to be included in my list for their efforts)

No comments:

Post a Comment