Friday 30 December 2011

Saturday Playlist

Taking a break from writing a report on the die forging process of connecting rods to bring you my Saturday Playlist. 

"The Lovecats"- The Cure
Hadn't heard this song in ages but it came on the radio today on the way to the gym and I was reminded how much I like it so I thought I'd put it into today's playlist in the chance that you too might also enjoy it.

"Always Find Me in the Kitchen at Parties"- Man Like Me
Made famous by the Ikea ad, and I cannot tell a lie, this is where I too first heard it, but do not let this take away from the fact this is a (dare I use the word) "funky" tune.

"I Know You Know Me"- The Tease
Keeping with the theme of songs made famous by ads, here's another one for you. I can't right now actually remember what the ad was mind you, which I suppose shows the success of the song over the product it was meant to be advertising!

"Video Games"- Lana Del Ray
I know I had her in last week's playlist but I feel this song deserves a spot on the list as not only is it in the charts and thus widely liked, it is a nice break from the fast paced, dancey, "popular music" that's been abundant over the past few years. Lady Gaga I'm talking to you. Hopefully people are seeing sense and beginning to change their musical tastes for the better, not that I'm in any position to judge mind, I am going to see Westlife in June.

And on that note...

"Lighthouse"- Westlife
Out of place with my other music choices? yes
Controversial? most definitely
Good song? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that.
Being from Westlife's hometown it's difficult not to love the lads and listen to their Greatest Hits album on repeat with the girls while preparing for a night out; a night out where you in fact bump into said lads in your local pub might I ad. Okay so you may not like them but you cannot deny their insane success and even the most cynical among you might swallow your pride in admitting they've made quite an impact on the music industry. 
You can keep your underground Brooklyn indie bands thanks, I like to support the locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment