Monday 19 December 2011

On the 18th and 19th days of Christmas...


So yesterday we had our "Sligo Girls Christmas Dinner" night where we got as many of us together as we could for a night of festivities (though pesky delayed flights did prevent one of the crew from making it). So the plan was to have dinner and drinks and head out after but we all got tired come 11p.m. and so snuggled up on the couch to watch "Seven". Not the most Christmassy film I must admit but a good one nonetheless. I also was given the simple job of making dessert. Literally all I had to do was follow the recipe but I somehow still managed to mess it up as only I can when it comes to food so instead of being the yummy looking raspberry cheesecake brownies from the book, my friends inquired seriously as to whether I was attempting to serve them more mashed potato and gravy. Jamie Oliver I am not.
What my dessert should have looked like.

Now, usually I would be bringing you photos of this wondrous event all taken so artistically on my wonderful iPhone with vintage effects applied by the plenty, unfortunately though, a great tragedy has befallen my life in that on Saturday night at a friend's 21st, my beloved iPhone drowned. Due to this, I am back using my trusty old Nokia and seeing as my camera charger is still in Sligo, I have no photo taking apparatus. Heaven forbid, I know, I won't be able to take anymore photos of myself for a few more days.

As if losing my "hip-one" (Dan's name for my iPhone) wasn't bad enough, the internet was down in our house last night so I couldn't get my daily Christmas post up yesterday and thus the amalgamation post today. 

Now time to relax a bit before another 21st this evening and then my Chrismas day with Dan tomorrow! I would say "expect photos to follow".......alas......


Merry Christmas!

All images via Google Images

2 comments:

  1. I know! It's in a bag of rice in the hot press at the moment.
    I think it might be dead though.

    ReplyDelete